Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fuel Your Body (and Spare Your Waistline) with this Smoothie

First, I apologize for the lack of content last week. Long story short, I came down with a pretty severe infection (I think most of you would prefer I spared you the gruesome details), which rendered me barely able to walk, sit, or sleep for the duration of the week. A fever came along with it, so needless to say I was unable to coach for the week (or do anything else, for that matter). I'm finally back at nearly 100% again, so I'm excited to resume my own training (it was a good mental challenge for me to have a wrench thrown right into my training schedule), coaching, and writing to all you out there in cyberspace.

Ok, with that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff!

I love smoothies. Easy peezy to make, and you can shove countless vital nutrients into the blender to knock out multiple birds with one stone. It also gives me something to take with me to work, so I can ensure - once the hunger cravings strike - that I fuel my body with QUALITY foods as opposed to reaching for snacks that will only leave me feeling more lethargic and depleted (read: processed snacks, muffins, etc.).

I'm the first to admit I don't have very much self-control; so if I have my trusty smoothie alongside, then I can be sure that I can reach for a nutrient-rich shake as opposed to a belly-enlarging sugary snack.  Thus: I feel better, recover from training better, and can enjoy something sweet without the "guilt" typically associated with shoving sweet treats down one's pie-hole.

See the video on the below for a quick tutorial on how to make it! It tastes great and is super easy to pack for the road/workday. You won't be disappointed.




Yeah, my cat decided to make noise for a good portion of the instruction. But don't worry, I rewarded you with a glimpse of her at the end if you can make it through the video.

100_0029.JPG
Picture of the ingredients used in the video.
 You can do all you want in the gym, but unless you're also holding up your end of the bargain in the kitchen, you can only expect sub-par results, at best. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment