Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Musings...

chocolate_mocha.jpg

"Everything popular is wrong." ~Oscar Wilde

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively." ~Dalai Lama XIV

As I stood in line this morning to order a coffee in Starbucks (thanks to those that provided me with some Christmas gift card money!) the woman in front of me places an order that got me thinking.  What did she order?

A "non-fat chocolate mocha."  

Not that I haven't heard people order this before, in fact I hear the "non-fat" order almost every time I enter a coffee shop (this may or may not be on a daily basis).  And I admit, I may be completely mistaken in her intention of ordering this particular beverage.     

But it made me sad.  Not for her particularly, but for Western society as a unit.  I clearly wasn't angry at the woman, that would be nonsense.  But it was a glaring reminder to me that the majority of people have it all wrong, even though they often intend to do what is right. This is especially true in the realm of exercise and nutrition:
  • Fat loss
  • Athletic performance
  • Muscle gain
  • Nutrition 
The majority has it all wrong.

In fact, if you want to know what NOT to do with regards to exercise and nutrition, look at the majority.

Walk into any commercial gym, observe what 95% of the people are doing (even the personal trainers, I'm sad to say) and there is your answer for how NOT to achieve the results you're seeking.
 
More detail to come on Monday....

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment